Wednesday, April 02, 2003

School has begun. My classes seem cool. My profs seem to know what they are doing and are fun people at the same time. My microeconomics prof spent most of our first class asking for show of hands of how many of us worked and what year we are in school and blah blah. It was nice though. I love lecture halls. I can't help it. There is nothing better than a huge room with tiered seating and a passionate professor going off on her or his thing. I know I am strange. I am also excited about all the multiple choice tests. Last term sucked because I was never in a lecture hall and I didn't have any multiple choice tests. It was horrible. This term will be better. So I have decided that I will probably not return to PSU next year. I am going to apply to a few schools on the east coast and an environmental science adventure program and if I don't make into those I'll come up with a plan two. As much as I think I totally deserve to miserable, I have been miserable long enough. I figure things can only go up so why sit and be miserable here when I can sit and miserable somewhere else. I am young, there is no reason for me to give up now. Plus everyone else seems to think I should be happy so I might as well try to appease them eh? So here's the grades I give PSU, for fall term I give it a B- and for winter term I give it a D-. So overall that makes a C-. We'll see if spring term can left that at all but even if it does I am pretty much done with the place. I don't want to discourage those of you who are thinking about attending PSU. I know plenty of folks who think it's great. I am just not one of them. In other news I have limited the number of radio stations I listen to down to 3 because I am sick of hearing stupid DJ's and station owner's work their opinions about the attack on Iraq into their programs. Yeay for NPR! They are doing a magnificent job providing balanced war coverage while still doing stories on other important issues that have been neglected by others. The other 2 stations are the Mt. Hood jazz station and The River which plays mostly light classic rock (I guess that is what I would call it) which doesn't have nasty DJ's just people who do what DJ's should, say what the songs are. And one more thing. I have a classmate who is a muslim and her mother who is professor at OSU has had students dropping out of her class because she is muslim. There have been reports of muslim women especially, because of their head scarves, being harrassed since the attack on Iraq has begun. This is ridiculous. This is not and should not be a holy war. Most Muslims have nothing to do with terrorism. If you can't see the difference between a fundamentalist and a regular practioner of a religion you need to go back to school. Let us not forget World War II and the internment of the Japanese. That was in no way acceptable and this is even less acceptable. We enjoy many freedoms in this country including freedom of religion. Be patriotic. Don't be hatin'. Ok, I'm done for today.

No comments: