I am pissed off! The house just passed the most digusting energy bill. It allows for oil drilling in ANWR, lifts royalties on drilling in the gulf of Mexico, reimburses oil and gas lease holders for participating in manditory EPA studies, the list goes on and on. Basically our earth, our home, is getting screwed over and big oil and coal companies are getting paid by the government to do it. We are in the middle of an attack on another country and Governor Bush just asked for billions of dollars to help and we are giving money to oil companies? If the government is going to just give out money I'd like some. How about some for our failing public schools? How about some for mental health programs and drug rehab? How about some for the Oregon Health Plan? NO MORE! From what I see this is a wonderful example of how some bigwigs in Washington are sweeping legistlation through the door while the public sits and watches live Attack on Iraq coverage. Remember folks: the world does not stop functioning all together for war. Let's not get out of this thing and find out while we were out stopping traffic in the name of peace, the power elite were busy in the capital driving trucks of adgenda ridden legistlation through congress. This is a democracy. Let us remind those that we voted for why we voted for them. To represent us, not major corporate adgenda. Unless of course you are in the oil business. Then to you I say congrats because you just made lots of bucks at the cost of la querencia*. Email your congresspeople.
*Spanish: Check out Barry Lopez The Rediscovery of North America to see what I'm talking about
No comments:
Post a Comment