Tuesday, April 22, 2003
Ok now that y'all can tell me and everyone else what you think of me we can really have some fun. School is boring. Living at home is suffocating. I remember now why I would always lie to my mom about having my homework done because she'll nag you. She will nag to the point where you would rather lie so you can be free from judgement. Now she doesn't bug me about homework but things like going to church. Lots of indirect comments that all add up to you should be going to church. Let me tell you why I don't go to church. #1 I don't like my parents church because the pastor has a holier than thou attitude and basically reminds us every sunday that he's going to heaven and the rest of us are questionable, #2 if I go to the church I attended back in high school I'll feel like that guy we always made fun of for hanging around after he graduated, especially because the church doesn't have a lot of college students and I would end up hanging out with the high schoolers who are very cool by the way but it just wouldn't be the same, #3 I want to leave Oregon so what is the point going and seeking out a new church and building new relationships that I plan on abandoning anyway? I feel perfectly comfortable with my relationship with God right now and have enjoyed this first year of college away from other people's influence to really get to know him and find where that all fits in my life. I'm sure at some point I will go back to the church but for right now I like being freed from people's expectations and criticism. I like knowing that I only have to please myself and what't important to me. I still don't like the idea of my parents telling all my adventures to their friends at bible study and them all praying for me. It's so creapy. My life is my life is my life. What I'm doing with it is between me and God, not me, God and 20 of my parents friends. I love my parents deeply. They have been nothing but wonderful and for the most part supportive. I know that I am extremely lucky. They have allowed me to grow into an independent, level headed young woman. So I have strayed off the beaten spiritual path in order to really get to know myself and more understand God. Good for me! I'm not trapped in a box. I am willing to see the value in other people and love each individual I meet individually. Ok now that y'all have gotten the low down on my spiritual life in other news: I cut my hair! It's really cute. My brother wonders where his little sister has gone. If you want to see a picture email me and I will send you a copy. It's cut just under my chin. It's my new weightloss plan. Lose 5 pounds without excercize or dieting. ;-) It's fun to have a style I can play with a bit more too. Well that's all for now folks. Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment