Fair October has treated me well. I have a job! I am working in the nursery (go figure) at a health club nearby. Free gym membership! Which means free yoga and pilates and other classes that I've been meaning to try, like spinning. Been knitting a lot. School is school. I've started my own little rituals. Like everyday on the subway to and from school I read a short story. I tried reading a novel but I found the ride not long enough to really get into anything so I decided that short stories, meant to be read in a sitting, are just the thing. Right now I am reading from Discovering Eve by Jane Candia Coleman. I like it very much. In other pleasure reading, I am flirting with the novel Our Lady of the Forest by David Guterson. I say flirting because it can be hard to get into sometimes. I have been reading it since August and it really isn't that long. But I feel invested in the characters so I want to finish. So that is all I have for now. Things are quiet and pretty easy going and that's how I like it. Well that's how I like it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment