Friday, January 23, 2004

Happy New Year! A little late I know but it is still January. So lots of new stuff happening. First off, we had plenty of snow around these parts at the beginning of the month and it was a blast until that inch of freezing rain landed on top of the snow and locked us all in our houses for a few days. That was not fun. I changed my schedule around to cut out some of the unnecessary. Needed to stop taking those for fun classes and get down to business so now I'm taking Statistics, History of Western Art, Writing Poetry (only class that's still the same) and Psychology as a social science. Art History is super boring. The woman talks like the priest from Princess Bride. Except monotone. My stats teacher is pretty mean but I guess you have to be when you have a class of business majors. Psych as a social science is great because I never have to go. Just a 50 question multiple choice test for a midterm and then another for a final. The tests are based completely on the text and she gives us the questions before hand. If I don't get an A it will be ridiculous. My favorite class is writing poetry. The professor is awesome. And she likes my poetry which is an extra little bonus. This past weekend I went to Massachusetts to visit schools. Thanks for the hospitality Becky and Peter! Becky and I made a mini-road trip to western Mass to visit Westfield State. I wasn't impressed. We also drove through Mt. Holyoke which reminded us of Hogwarts. I also got a chance to visit Townsend and see some old friends. I even looked through the police report in the newspaper and found a 3rd grade class mate of mine's name. Arrested for drunk driving. Very disappointing. Finally we headed into Boston where I fell in love with Simmon's College. I had an interview and they seemed encouraging. Yeay for encouragement. I just need to keep the upward trend flowing with my grades. I have every intention of making that jump to excellent student this term and so far I'm well on my way. Hey three weeks is pretty good for me. Got to take pride in those small victories. Hope everyone out there is doing well and is having a good 2004 so far.

No comments: