Monday, December 22, 2003

Merry Christmas! Ok so Christmas isn't until Thursday but the chances of me posting between now and then are slim to none so I'm saying it now. So I finally got an acceptance letter to Westfield State College. I am waiting until Fall '04 to attend though. First I need to see the place, second I'd like to try again at some of the schools I'm a little more excited about, and third it's a little late for me to start planning on shipping myself back east. Also, this gives me a chance to plan for a trip to Europe this summer. I thought about French immersion programs in Canada because it would be cheaper but none of them worked for me. Now I'm looking at studying French in France, preferably in a region that is not to warm, or Switzerland. Both countries have plenty of programs to choose from. It may com down to a matter of cost which I haven't figured out yet since France uses Euros and Switzerland does their own thing. When I come back I'll have enough credits in French to have a minor in the bag and hopefully be able to pass a French fluency test that will allow me to work and/or study in French speaking regions of the world. So for the next 6 months, I'll still be chillin in Oregon, living at home with the rents and commuting three days a week to PSU. This term I'm taking third year French (with a different prof), Calculus II(same instructor), a little one credit, once a week, calculus study course, and writing poetry. Should be good times. I probably shouldn't be bothering with the calculus since it fulfills no requirement for me but I like it so I'm taking it again. In other news, my big bro, Charlie, has moved home so he can complete his degree at PSU. That'll be fun, I just hope his classes will be at about the same time as mine or that could be a real pain since we're sharing a car. The babysitting has been great recently. Also I have been dog walking on weekdays which brings in a nice trickle of cash that I can count on every week. I'm also still housesitting on occasion. Tomorrow, I start some temp work at my dad's office. It will only be a few days or so but the extra money will be good and anytime I get to hangout with my dad is cool. Well that's the latest. Hope everyone has a lovely holiday!

No comments: