Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It has been months since my last post and so much has happened. At the same time a lot hasn't. I am not going to Thailand or didn't go to Thailand. I decided to stay here in Boston to finish my degree. It was a good decision because I have made some very positive connections this term. I am planning on graduating in May which will be very exciting. After that who knows. I might stay here or I might go back to Oregon or I might end up on an organic farm in a third world country. It all sounds good! I am in the middle of finals as we speak. This might be called a procrastination post. That's why I created the blog in the first place right? I will be headed back to Oregon on Sunday for the holidays. I am so excited to see my friends and family. My knitting projects are numerous right now (another form of procrastination, it really is miraculous that I get anything done at all). I have also been reading for pleasure more in order to maintain my sanity. Recent reading has included Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris and Persuasion by Jane Austen. I am currently engrossed in One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I love DYFC because it is collection of essays. With my schedule, reading that isn't for class is hard to keep up with. I can easily put collections of short stories and essays down for weeks or months without losing my place. The intensity is more concentrated which is great when you need to be taken out of your own mind ASAP. Jane Austen serves the purpose of turning me into a romantic fool. I love watching the movies based on her books. I finally managed to read one of her books. It helps that I have not seen the movie. I loved it! Oh, to be reunited with my nonexistent long lost love! Sigh! OHYSG is sending me to a isolated town in South America which I love. Makes me think of Venezuela a bit which is always a good thing. It also reminds me of Like Water for Chocolate in the sense that the author randomly throws in completely fantastical events. Thank you Megan M. for the book. Enough procrastination for today. Happy holidays if I do not get around to saying it later!

No comments: