Thursday, August 11, 2005

I have arrived at the end of summer session II. More finals! Yeay? In some ways yes because I do have two and a half weeks of no school time. I would say down time but I'm going to put in extra hours at work to cover the impending move. That's right, I'm moving to historic Beacon Hill. No more riding the subway to school, no more roommates, no more money! I have decided that having school more accessible will make it a lot easier for me to keep my priorities straight come Fall. Yes it's going to cost me some extra dough but I think it is worth it. Did I mention I love summer term? 6 weeks long, only two classes at a time and I have had great professors. That last point I attribute to my reliance on www.ratemyprofessor.com to choose classes. Normally that sort of website would turn me off but when you don't have a crew of classmates to compile a who's who list of professors with, you take all the help you can get. My summer GPA is really putting Fall and Spring to shame. The bar has been raised and I am feeling the pressure for great autumn achievement. So all this school and work also means I won't be heading back to Oregon until Christmas. Which is alright with me. I took a much needed break there in May and most of my friends aren't there anyway do to the different school schedule on the west coast. My bro is coming here to help me move at the end of August and more importantly see a game at Fenway Park. I think I have the connections to get some really good seats for us but we shall see. Other than school this summer has been lovely. A little warm but lovely. Having classes at night has allowed me time to enjoy the pleasure of Boston in the summer: reading in the common, watching the flowers grow in the Public Garden, mocking tourists and developing a serious case of the freckles. I saw Hamlet performed on the common and have enjoyed many a Margarita with friends. I also spent 4th of July weekend in Vermont. I love it up there! It is just gorgeous. There were bunnies hopping in the lawn and birds other than crows or house sparrows. I could definitely see myself living up there. It reminds me of Oregon. Well that is all for now. I will try to give you an update on Beacon Hill living after I've moved. Cheers!

No comments: