Monday, July 28, 2003
Yeay! I'm leaving for Massachusetts on Thursday! As an extra bonus the TSA has approved knitting needles for carry-on. I was so afraid I was going to be stuck with out my knitting for the whole day. I have a serious craving for rollercoasters right now. I made the mistake of checking out the rides at Six Flags New England and now I really want to go. I also checked out Paramounts Great America for when I go to pick up Janet from California next month. I couldn't possibly sleep now! Actually I haven't been sleeping well at all. I just have to much energy. Which is an odd feeling. I spent most of the past year feeling like I could just sleep for next 10 years and never get up. Now bed is just not an option. I'm trying to be productive with all this energy but I'm also getting in a lot of play time which is really fun. I think it's actually adding to my engery not subtracting from it. For example I spend at least 2 hours a day playing table tennis. No partner just against myself. I still suck but it's something to do. Other things that I have accomplished are finishing a scarf and starting another, some easy jewelry making, my room has remained clean, I brushed the dog (any of you who have seen my dog know what a task that is), I cleaned out a small section of the garage which my dad has messed up again (has that same satisfaction of picking up after kids, you know it is fruitless), finding and untangling the badmitten net, played a lovely game of badmitten with Megan C., I tore up two rooms worth of carpet and finished reading 3 novels. Also I fix dinner a few nights a week. And that's July. Pretty fruitful for me. I usually just sit around a channel surf. There was plenty of that too. Oh I also discovered what I want to do with my life. I want to be a librarian. It's my perfect career. I can go anywhere with it but when I want to settle down it's something I can do part-time. Achieving librarianship also means I can work as an archivist and some other interesting careers. I think it's perfect for me. Also since library science is a masters program, for the most part, right now, I have the freedom to major in whatever I want and take a large variety of classes. I like freedom and versitility. Who doesn't? Ok well I'm going to move onto the next insomniac activity. Even yoga isn't calming me down. Reading usually knocks me out but not now. Yeay for Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment