Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I am for some odd reason feeling extraordinarily sentimental about this city today. No matter how crazy things get, I can walk a few blocks and get away from it all and find that fantastic kind of loneliness that you can only find in the middle of the crowded city. No matter the season I love the Public Garden. I walk through it almost everyday. I will bring a blanket and read a book or quack with the ducks or people watch or just gaze at the clouds. I can not wait to see it covered in snow. It is particularly beautiful at night, when everyone is gone and you can just sit and gaze at the swans reflecting the moonlight. I really love Boston when it rains. Everyone stays inside so the streets are quiet and everything smells clean. Recently have been walking the length of the Comm Ave mall. It is especially nice on days like today when the sun is a little too hot for my taste and I can just stroll in the shade. I am still plagued by the travel bug but I do not mind knowing I will be here for while longer. There is a rumor that spring break may quench my travel thirst but nothing is set in stone. I think 2006 is going to be good.

No comments: