Sunday, November 21, 2004

I'm changing my major. I'm changing my career path. Change is awesome! Right now I am a sociology major. It's boring. The sociology program at my school is boring, unchallenging and is focused on criminology. I could care less about criminology. So I started flipping through my acedemic catalog and talking with my friend Collin, and I realized that what I really want to be studying is political science and what I really want to do is work in social policy. So I'm changing my major. I can still graduate in Spring '06 if I plan right but if I need to take an extra summer it's worth it because I'll be challenged and engaged and happy. So what happened to library science you ask? Well it is still something I'm interested in but I realized that it was settling for something practical. Who cares about practicality? There is an activist in me just itching to get out. So I'm excited. Tomorrow I am going to go talk to someone in the department and figure it out. I'll still get a minor in Sociology and a minor in French. It feels good to be motivated!

No comments: